I strive to remain up-to-date with best practices and the latest technologies, by following various blogs and weekly newsletters. In my spare time, I like to keep active and am currently training for a triathlon. During my career, I have worked on a vast amount of apps, including dating, banking, betting, and travel. I have been lucky enough to work across a variety of apps.
Keytree – Senior Mobile Engineer – 07.2020 – present (Contract)
- Worked on Keytree’s in house white label application used by many retailers globally. Helped push a unit test first approach and generally help improve the overall process.
FootAsylum – Senior Mobile Engineer – 02.2020 – 05.2020 (Contract – through Equal Experts)
- Worked alongside the FootAsylum team, to help them produce an app for their stores to reduce the number of lost sales. This was a greenfield project working with barcode and machine learning image recognition technologies.
BBC – Senior Mobile Engineer 02.2019 – 02.2020 (Contract – 1 Renewal)
- In charge of looking after the children’s game framework. Adding new features, fixing bugs and just general maintenance,
Barclays – BMB (Barclays Mobile Banking) Lead IOS Developer 03.2018 – 02.2019
- As a lead developer within Barclay’s largest app team, I was in charge of keeping the app running, which included release management, feature and defect prioritization, continuous improvement of BMB, as well as a host of other things.
- This meant working directly with over 80 developers across multiple different countries.
- Release management was a large part of my role, which meant every month when we did a release I had to coordinate with the developers, testers and delivery managers, to make sure features were going to be delivered on time.
Travel Counsellors – Senior IOS Developer 03.2017 – 03.2018
- I was in charge of setting up the processes for a new app team within TC. This included setting up the build process which integrated the app process into their current continuous integration system, as well as introducing automated testing using a cloud-based system.
- Prototyped a tvOS app, based on their current mobile solution.
Degree 53 – Senior IOS Developer 03.2015 – 03.2017
- Working with the senior management team, I constantly tried to improve the project process. I created a Ruby plugin for the build server which controlled the bug tracking and ticketing process, which drastically shortened the development time.
- Code reviewed and monitored other members of the native team to ensure everyone was okay and following coding style guidelines.
- Supported the QA team to ensure appropriate test strategies are in place.
- Collaborated with the senior management team and tech leads to create technical specifications for new projects.
- I contributed to the design reviews across all native projects, to help to improve designs and user experience.
- Worked with business analysts to ensure project requirements are accurate before each project began.
Degree 53 – iOS Developer 09.2013 – 03.2015
- I became responsible for supervising the native team, ensuring that all processes worked effectively, with issues being raised and amended quickly.
- Helped the commercial teams, by being involved in pre-sales meetings, such as project estimating sessions and client pre-sales meetings.
- Set up our continuous integration process.
- Collaborated with backend teams to help design appropriate data structures.
- Helped mentor the other developers on anything from TDD best practices, to object oriented design principles such as SOLID and DRY.
- Created a suite of frameworks and deployed them through a private Cocoapod repo to reduce need on 3rd Party libraries. This included network, mapping and testing frameworks.
Betfred – Junior iOS Developer – 02.2013 – 09.2013
- Responsible for writing the coding standards and project guidelines.
- Introduced new processes across the entire mobile team, which included a migration from TFS to GIT.
- Aided and advised the management team with the recruitment process, through conducting telephone and face to face interviews.
Digital Labs – iOS Developer – 10.2012 – 02.2013
- My role was to aid the lead developers with projects, which included anything from apps to websites.
Worked on a content management website using Drupal which was very successful, and won an award at the Big Chip awards.
Manchester Metropolitan University – 09.2009 – 07.2012
- Graduated with a 2:1 in Computer Games Technology.